Friday, April 22, 2011

ePals


      I think the most useful features that e-Pal can benefit my students is it create a forum for EFL students to communicate can cooperate others all over the world. In EFL context, sometimes students are lack of motivation in English learning because they don’t see the necessity of learning English and using English as a tool for communication. They learn because they are forced to do so. Not all of the students have the chance to travel abroad so that it’s not easy for them to aware globalization.
    E-Pal is a great tool for students have the opportunity to use the language they learned and learn with other students. By working cooperatively, they can both share their own culture and learn other culture. Thanks to technology, students can communicate and learn with e-pals with email and discussion forum. It would be an exciting learning experience. 

       For my future teaching, I would like to use e-pal to mediate cultural awareness for my students. By following the activity guide, I would like to have my students well-prepared to learn and contribute their creativity. After they finished one project, I would upload their works I order to motivate them by enhancing the sense of achievement. By engaging them in cultural project, I would like to have students start to use digital media and Internet to develop digital literacy.

   

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Yes, I think that such connections could be quite motivating!