Thursday, February 24, 2011

Box of Chocolates


Are we going to talk about how to make chocolates?
Or are we going to talk about how much do we believe in “life is like a box of chocolates” ?

Yes, I am addicted to all kinds of chocolate but A Box of Chocolate is actually a blog set by Cecilia Lemos, who is an English teacher in love with teaching, languages, books, music and art.
I think this blog is interest and useful me because it shares kinds of English teaching activities which are very useful. Last week, Cecilia shared three activities related to Valentine’s Day which I found very inspiring. The post called Love is in...The ESL Classroom! These activities are not only motivating because they are so related to students’ lives but also they can introduce how different cultures react to the same issue or festival. Because we don’t have Valentine’s Day in Taiwan and most students have misconception about this day. Therefore, I think it’s a good opportunity for them to think about it via English learning.
Besides, Cecilia has shared her beliefs on teaching and various activities with attached documents, which I think very helpful for me to teach high school students or advanced adult learners in the future.
There are still numerous of blogs and websites that share resources and ideas for teaching English. And I think one of the biggest reason accounts for recommendation of this blog is that this is set up by a teacher who seems to close to me. By reading her posts is like listening to my classmates’ speaking. Moreover, her passion for teaching language and life motivates me to be an English teacher just like her. I am glad that there are so many resources I can use which would facilitate my future teaching.  

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

When you find another educator who "speaks to you", you have found a treasure!